Malaysia Airlines Regional Golden Lounge (KUL)

7:20 AM

Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
After an amazing stay at the Gaya Island Resort (as always) in Kota Kinabalu a few days ago, I saw myself on yet another airplane seat. This time, with a brief stopover in Kuala Lumpur before taking a short 4 hour hop to Manila. Of course, with a stopover in Malaysia's capital, I just had to visit Malaysia Airlines' Regional Golden Lounge at the Main Terminal! 
Advantages
I found KUL's departure area to be a bit noisy and crowded when we landed there from Kota Kinabalu (arrived on a very busy time), so the place was a real haven despite its very centralized location. I also noticed that there were a few people inside, but the place remained quiet and civilized making it a better option than staying in the cafés.  
Coming inside the lounge was a pure bliss; with very calming water features that would make you want to snooze before your flight. The comfy seats might help in that area after all (*wink* *wink*). As for me, I wanted to look refreshed before my connecting flight so I headed to the showers. Okay, you got me: the "looking refreshed" part was a complete lie, I really just wanted to check out the showers! The area looks very well maintained despite looking a bit dated but for a place just to freshen up, it's not that bad at all.

The lounge food was pretty good too. I mean, how can it not be good when there's a chef ready to whip-up anything you want? If you're not that into inflight food, I'm pretty sure the regional golden lounge would satisfy your needs.  

Disadvantages
The lounge was a wee-bit small making the place a bit cramped but the window that opens to a 360-degree view of the tarmac totally helps! On my next trip to Kuala Lumpur, I came up with a conclusion to visit the very spacious Golden Lounge at the Satellite Terminal. I shall update you with that! 

Access
Passengers departing on Malaysia Airlines Business Class and First Class 
Oneworld Emerald and Sapphire 
Enrich Gold and Platinum.  
For more information about the Malaysia Airlines Regional Golden Lounge click here.
Photos by Passport Out

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook