Coffee Pit Stop (Tokyo): Obscura Coffee Roasters

5:26 AM

Location: Tokyo, Japan
One of the many reasons why I keep coming back to Japan is its abundance of great coffee shops, cafés and brunch places. The districts of Harajuku, Daikanyama and Nakameguro never fails to give me that feeling of excitement whenever I see a prospective place to try and I tell you, these places never runs out of interesting places! But on a recent trip to Tokyo, I added another district on my list. And that's Kanda, specifically Obscura Coffee Roasters in the old Manseibashi Station.

What I really like about Obscura Coffee Roasters is that the place is a shop where you can have high-quality single origin coffee and just that. If you want to stay, you have to go outside of the shop and drink your coffee in the wooden benches. Some would think that it's pointless to put up a coffee shop without chairs inside but for me, personally, I like this kind of set-up. Not only can you observe the wonderful architecture while enjoying your cuppa but its like standing exactly where history took place years ago. As some of you might not know, Manseibashi Station used to be one of Tokyo's busiest stations but due to its proximity to Kanda and Akihabara Stations, the passengers declined through the years forcing it to close on the 1st of November, 1943. Fast forward to the current times, the old station is now called Maach Ecute; a place where artisans showcase their work to the public. I'll elaborate more on Maach Ecute in a separate post soon!   

As you may have noticed, I still can't get enough of Tokyo's coffee culture. The carefully curated look of the place, the interior design, the people and the coffee: how can I get over something this good?! 

Photos and Words by Passport Out

1-25-4, Kandasudacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook