Coffee Pit Stop: Omotesando Koffee

7:52 AM

Location: Tokyo, Japan
If there is something I always incorporate with the word “chilling” that would probably be coffee. Whenever I’m hanging out with friends or having a quiet time alone, you’ll usually find me with a cup of coffee beside me. Coffee just makes everything easy for me, you know! And then I thought, what better way to enjoy my escapes than chilling with coffee? After all, escaping is all about chilling out and forgetting about the world (my world, that is.)

But of course, not all people travel like me; some prefer to not eat for the entire day just to see everything they need to see, some just eat and not immerse themselves into the culture, some shop for the whole day but whatever kind of traveler you are, I’m sure you have your own versions of coffee in your own escapes.

On a recent trip to Tokyo, I have solidified my actual love for the bitter and sweet taste of coffee by visiting some of Tokyo’s best coffee shops. But beware: This post might be repeated into several other posts! There are just so much great coffee shops in this part of the world! But let me start with my favorite; Omotesando Koffee.

Omotesando Koffee is located a few alleyways behind the very chic Omotesando Hills in Tokyo’s Harajuku district. A lot of people actually find the place really unexpected but for me, I find it really interesting. I like how the place is located in a very discreet neighborhood; you wouldn’t even think there’s a coffee shop there! But once you go inside the small entrance of what seemed to look very similar to a house, you’ll find a very serene atmosphere, with a simple bench to enjoy your coffee. If there's one thing you need to try in this place, that would be the "Koffee Kashi" or Baked Custard. I think it was really made to go well with their coffee! Coffee + Baked Custard = BAM!

If you’re aware of my great love for simplicity and details, you’ll totally understand why I love this place. The cube theme is very clean and modern; an aesthetic that the Japanese people truly admire. 

I recommend paying this place a visit on your next escape to Tokyo. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. 


Omotesando Koffee
4-15-3 Jingumae, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo

Photos by Passport Out






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook