Detalles # 4: Finding the unusual

6:52 AM

Location: Yokohama, Japan
I don't know with you guys but for me its always the unusual that makes a place standout. Weird sculptures, gigantic landmarks, a building unusually taller than the other ones; all of these show a different kind of beauty that I really admire. And as a traveler, these are bits and pieces that I usually try to find. 
On a recent trip to Japan, I had the chance to explore Yokohama's Minato Mirai district. The first time I was there was about two years ago and looking at everything I told myself: "You haven't seen the last of me, Yokohama!" I knew I was going back and I did. This time, I was begging to see more. 


We walked for hours, seeing the same thing- Malls and shops. After going from one shop to another, from mall to mall I noticed something unusual, something interesting. And what made me notice it more is its unexpected location (sandwiched in the middle of a commercial building and a shopping mall). At first thought it was very reminiscent of roller coaster track loops but then again it also looked very similar to train tracks. 
I like encountering these kinds of things in my escapes. Seeing something unusual in a totally unexpected time and place. 

Photos by Passport Out
Artwork: "Mok Mok Wak Wak Yokohama Yo Yo" by Hisayuki Mogami

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook