Tea?

6:46 AM

Location: Tokyo, Japan
Recently, I have found this deep appreciation for anything that comes in small quantities. I noticed that these things are the ones that are well thought of and has been made using proper art and technique. Probably that’s one of the factors why I adore Japan so much. They make something and continue to develop their craft every time. 

And speaking of things in small quantities, whenever I’m in Tokyo I never fail to visit Ippodo Tea Co. in Marunouchi. They have a specialized line of Japanese teas and each time I visit they offer me something worth a next visit. But if you think tea is the only thing worth visiting in Ippodo, well let me tell you that it isn’t. Their traditional Japanese rice cake from Kyoto is to die for! Too bad you can’t buy it by bulk.
Next time you plan on escaping to Tokyo, why not put a traditional tea ceremony in your itinerary?

Photos by Passport Out
Shot in Ippodo Tea Co., Marunouchi, Chiyoda, Tokyo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook