Road Less Traveled: Daikanyama

7:05 AM

Location: Tokyo, Japan
Daikanyama is one of those places that people end up not visiting due to its proximity to Shibuya. I mean, once you see a photo of that huge pedestrian lane packed with people crossing, why would you not want to visit it? (plus that adorable Hachiko statue, of course) I didn't even visit Daikanyama 'till my recent trip. And I tell you, I loved it so much I had to go back twice! 
Things to do in Daikanyama

T-Site
You can never leave Daikanyama without seeing the famous T-Site. The complex opened in 2011 and is the home of one of the largest Tsutaya Bookstores (One of Japan's largest bookstore and its also a video rental shop!) I have ever been to. Anjin Library & Lounge is situated on the second floor of one of the wings and I can say that it's one of the most brilliant concepts I have ever came across in awhile. It has vintage magazine issues dating back to the 1960s and the 70s that everyone can browse through while drinking a cup of coffee or an alcoholic drink! T-Site's appealing design attracts tons of book lovers from all-over the world! Including me, of course.

Matsunosuke New York
Matsunosuke is a popular dessert place by Akiko Hirano. They have shops in Kyoto and in New York but how can I even start talking about my Matsunosuke experience?! Well, one thing's for sure, Matsunosuke has one of the best dessert pies I have ever tasted. I highly recommend their Apple-Custard Pie and Big Apple Pie which are only available during Autumn-Winter. The place can be easily packed so I suggest going during weekdays or late afternoons if you want a more private feel.

Caffé Michaelangelo
Not too far from Matsunosuke is the famous Caffé Michaelangelo. They serve lunch and dinner but is really popular for their coffee and their interiors. 

Never get tired of walking
Daikanyama has a lot to offer, really. The list just goes on and on! From coffee shops to patisseries, clothing to eyewear, each alley has something different to show. Did I also mention that it's a short walk from Ebisu Garden Place? So, If you want a proper dinner, the Michelin 3-Star La Table de Joel Robuchon is just a stone throw away. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook