Mangrove Calling!

8:47 AM

Location: Gaya Island Resort, Sabah, Malaysia


I have a little confession, I was never an adventurous kind of person- I don't really keep track of how many times I asked myself why I'm a little hesitant when it comes to trying out new things (and I tell you, I've asked myself HUNDREDS of times already). Probably I have a fear of the unknown? or maybe I'm just a little obsessive/compulsive in that way. But it happens not so often that I don't think about my actions and sign-up for something that I end up enjoying: and that's exactly what happened during my recent trip to Gaya Island Resort.

It was our first day in the island and I was with my sister, in our spectacular villa, talking about what we would do in the next few days. She was scanning through the activities pamphlet given by the resort when she saw "Mangrove Kayaking". And she was like: "Call the concierge and sign us up for Mangrove Kayaking! Fast!" without even thinking about what we're gonna do, I called the concierge and signed up for the Mangrove Kayaking the next day. 

Before the activity I was already feeling a bit hesitant about doing it but after a few minutes, I saw myself in that little yellow boat, paddling my way through Malohom Bay and into the Mangrove forest. It was a very liberating experience! I would have never imagined myself to be doing this three months before! 

What made me like it even more was knowing that it was a protected sanctuary and people from the resort really thought about preserving nature (and they did a very good job!) 

It was indeed a trip worth remembering. And of course the day ended with a well-deserved cocktail over at the Pool Lounge. After all, I've just added Mangrove Kayaking to one of my top escape-worthy activities! Now that's something worth celebrating.





"Now I'm curious, Have you ever had this kind of experience? - An experience you didn't think of doing 3 months before?"


Photos by Passport Out

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Nice! Loboc river in Bohol has its own beauty too! Have you been?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Loboc river in Bohol has its own beauty too! Have you been?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Love! I haven't really been to that part of the country. Hopefully soon! I heard the river cruise is amazing

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook