Postcards from Malaysia: Waking up to reality

8:33 AM

Location: Sabah, Malaysia
As a kid, I never liked the beach (I know, who could actually hate the beach?!), but yeah I did. Maybe because I was spending so much time in the city that I wasn’t really used to living that kind of life. But recently all of that has changed- I was sitting in a beach chair at the Gaya Island Resort beach, sunglasses on, a cold beverage in-hand and looking at the horizon. I asked myself: “How can I seriously hate all of these?!”

I feel happy that Malaysia was the country that woke me up from my hate-the-beach state. It’s one of those countries that make you feel at home with just their people’s hospitality (and food of course…and I can’t even start mentioning about the beauty of their islands!!!) Malaysia is indeed paradise with tons of gems waiting to be discovered. But the thing I adore most about Malaysia is that they care so much about the nature that they preserved its beauty so much that you can feel that you’re one with nature and not just a foreign object.

Kota Kinabalu has a few islands not far from them and I’m telling you, some islands can be oh-so crowded so we tried to find the most secluded and most private island possible. After a very fast look at everything, Gaya Island started waving its hands on us and we realized that there’s no way we’re not going to stay at the best resort there which is the Gaya Island Resort. The place is DIVINE (Yes, it needs an all-caps) with each of its villas perched into the lushest jungle I’ve ever seen; it’s like a Jurassic Park forest!; Minus the dinos, of course. We stayed there for three days and two nights and each day was special. like I never wanted to leave! But good things come to an end sadly :( 

If I will be given another opportunity to visit this beautiful country, I would. I mean, who wouldn’t?! Its like an escape from reality.


Photos by Passport Out

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook